Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) identified the flood-prone areas in Metro Manila to encourage the public to take extra precaution now that the rainy season is upon us. This is to help motorists and commuters avoid being stuck in these roads in case of terrible weather conditions.
Here is the list of flood-prone areas in Metro Manila:
First Quezon City Metro Manila Flood Control
- EDSA (Northbound), Near Balintawak Depot
- North Avenue Cor. Edsa
- C-3 (Sgt. Ri Vera) Cor. A. Bonifacio Ave.
- Araneta Ave. (Talayan Creek) Ma. Clara St. – Del Monte Ave.
- Quirino Highway (Baesa Road – Mendez Creek)
- Tandang Sora Ave. (Venus St. – Doña Soltera St.)
- Commonwealth Avenue Cor. Tandang Sora Ave.
- Commonwealth Avenue Cor. Feria Road
- Commonwealth Avenue Cor. Bitoon Circle
- Commonwealth Avenue Cor. Winston St.
Second Quezon City Metro Manila Flood Control Operation District
- Tuazon St. Corner 18th Avenue / 20th Avenue
- EDSA – Aurura Blvd.
- Aurora Blvd. Corner Harvard St.
- Katipunan Avenue Fronting Ateneo De Manila
- Anonas Corner V. Luna St.
- Elliptical Road Fronting Quezon City Hall / DAR
- Mother Ignacia Near Abs-Cbn Near Timog Avenue
- Timog Avenue Corner Scout Tobias
- Rodriguez Sr. Blvd. Fronting De Los Santos Hospital
- Araneta Avenue Near E. Rodriguez Sr. Blvd. / Fronting La Funeraria Paz
- Quezon Avenue Corner Biak Na Bato / Victory St.
- Kamuning Road Near Corner 11th Jam,Boree / Metrobank
- Morato Cor. Sct. Lozano
First East Metro Manila Flood Control Operation District
- Rosario-Cainta Road
– Corner Tramo Fronting Shell
- Imelda Ave.
– Fronting Pasig Green Park
– V.V. Soliven
– Cvs Home Fronting Shell
- Amang Rodriguez Ave.
– Corner Marcos Highway (Ligaya)
– South Supermarket
- C-5 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave
– Corner Eagle Street
- Ortigas Ave. Fronting De Castro Subd.
– Fronting Green Meadows
Central Manila Flood Control Operation District
- Blumentritt – Maria Clara St. To Calamba St.
- Dimasalang Ave. – Makiling St. To Retiro St. / Maceda St.
- Maceda St. – Piy Margal St. To Makiling St.
- Piy Margal St. – Maceda St. To Blumentritt St.
- Dapitan St. – Cristobal St. To Maceda St.
- Laong Laan St. – Andalucia St. To A.H. Lacson St.
- Andalucia St.
– Dapitan St. To Maria Clara St. (North Bound)
– Remigio St. To Malabon St. (South Bound)
- Dapitan St. – A.H. Lacson St. To Andalucia St.
- España Blvd. – Antipolo St. To Blumentritt
- Rizal Ave. – C.M. Recto Ave To Doroteo Jose St.
- C.M. Recto Ave. – Rizal Ave. To Evanglista St.
- Legarda St. – Corner Gastambide St.
- Quezon Blvd. – Foot Of Quezon Bridge (North Bound)
- Ramon Magsaysay Blvd. – D. Ampil St. To Ramon Magsaysay Bridge
- V. Mapa St. – Guadal Canal St. To Old Sta. Mesa St.
First North Metro Manila Flood Control Operation District
- Gov. Pascual Ave. (Lto, Catmon, Maria Clara)
- Sanciangco St.
- M.H. Del Pilar (Maysilo Corner Yanga Bridge)
- Yanga St.
- Letre / P. Aquino Rd.
- Dagat-Dagatan Ave. Ext.
- C-4 Citi Square
- General Luna
- Women’s Club
- J. P. Rizal Ave.
- North Bay Blvd. (Agora)
North Manila Flood Control Operation District
- Rizal Ave: Pampanga – Cavite St. (Southbound)
- Rizal Ave Cor. R. Papa (Est. Maypajo)
- Tayuman: Rizal Ave. Ipil St.
- Tayuman: Almeda – A. Rivera St.
- Abad Santos: Cor. Cavite St. (Northbound)
- Moriones: Sevilla – Juan Luna St.
- H. Lopez Blvd. Fronting Tondo Medical Hospital
- R-10 Corner Jacinto St.
First South Metro Manila Flood Control Operation District
- Buendia Ave. (Bautista-Washington)
- EDSA – Pasongtamo Tunnel
- EDSA – Ayala Tunnel
- Pasong Tamo (Yague – J. P. Rizal )
- Magallanes Interchange
- C5 – Kalayaan
- Pasong Tamo (Arnaiz – Don Bosco)
- SLEX Under Sales Bridge
- Edsa – Taft
- Taft – Protacio
- Domestic Road Corner Mia Road
- Roxas Blvd. (San Juan – Sta. Monica)
- Aurora Ave. – Corner Andrews
- F. B. Harrison – EDSA
- B. Harrison – Balagtas
- Taft Avenue Extension Baclaran
- Roxas Blvd. Fronting Madrigal
- Andrews Avenue (Oval)
Second North Metro Manila Flood Control Operation District
- Gen. Luis St. Cor. Itc Compound, Bagbaguin
- Gen. Luis St. Cor. Silver Road, Kaybiga
- Samson Road From Gen. Pio Villanueva St. To Lapu-Lapu St., Sangandaan
- 10th Ave. From Roxas St. To Baltazar St., West Gracepark
- Tulingan St. From Sabalo St. To Libis Talisay, Dagat-Dagatan
- Dagat-Dagatan Av. From Tanigue St. To Tulingan St., Dagat-Dagatan
- 8th Ave. From 4th St. To 7th St., East Gracepark
- 9th Ave. From 4th St. To 7th St., East Gracepark
- 10th Ave. From 4th St. To 7th St., East Gracepark
- 11th Ave. Ave. From 4th St. To 7th St., Gracepark
- 4th St. From 8th Ave. To 11th Ave., East Gracepark
- Boni Serrano Ave. From 8th Ave. To 11th Ave., East Gracepark
- 6th St. From 8th Ave. To 11th Ave., East Gracepark
- 7th St. From 8th Ave. To 11th Ave., East Gracepark
- J.P. Rizal From J.P. Rizal Ext. To San Miguel St., Maypajo
- Fermin Alcanar St. From Alcanar St. To Mansanas St., Wawang Polo
- Bilog Road From Mansanas St. To Anonas St., Wawang Polo
- Tagalag Road From Waling-Waling St. To Adelfa St., Tagalag
- Coloong I From Geronimo St. To Dela Castillo St., Coloong
- Coloong Ii From Marcos St, To San Diego St., Coloong
- Juan Santiago St. From M.H. Del Pilar St. To End Road, Malanday
- T. Santiago St. Bet. Veinte Reales Creek To Caltex Gas Station, Linguan
- Macathur Highway From San Guillermo St. To Karuhatan Road, Karuhatan
- Karuhatan Road From Macarthur Highway To Ilang-Ilang St., Karuhatan
- Macarthur Highway From Marulas Creek To Tamaraw Hills St., Marulas
- Gen. T. De Leon St., Bet. Angeles St. To De Guia St., Gen. T. De Leon
South Manila Flood Control Operation District
- Around City Hall & Vicinity
– Along P. Burgos, Victoria, Arroceros & Conception
- Taft Avenue
– Corner U.N Ave. (N.B.)
– Corner Apacible St. (N.B.)
– Corner Escoda St. (N.B.)
– Corner P. Gil St. (N.B.)
– Corner Malvar St. (N.B.)
– Corner Pres. Quirino Ave. (Both Sides)
– Corner Dagonoy St.
- T.M Kalaw St. (Ma. Orosa – Taft Ave.)
- P. Gil St. ( Railroad Track – Main St.)
- Around Paco Park
- Pasig Line Cor. A Francisco St.
- San Andres (Singalong–Muños St.)
- Leon Guinto
– San Andres – Galvan
– Cor. Dagonoy St.
– Escoda St. – Apacible St.
- Syquia St. ( Cor. Cagayan St.)
- Lagusnilad Underpass
- Jones Bridges Underpass
- Pres Quirino Ave.
– P. Gil North Bound
– A. Linao
- Ayala Blvd. ( Romualdez St.)
– U.N. Ave. Cor. Romualdez St.
– Mlle Magallanes ( Back Of Post Office )
– P. Gil ( Taft Ave. – Pres Quirino )
Second South Metro Manila Flood Control Operation District
- Baclaran Vicinity – Junction Of Redemptorist Quirino Ave. & F.B. Harrison
- Roxas Blvd. – Service Road Infront Of Chowking
- Quirino Avenue Cor. Kabihasnan
- Quirino Avenue, Tambo
- Sucat Road From Olivarez To Sm
- Sucat Interchange Fronting Jollibee
- East Service Rd. Cor. Bagong Tanyag
- East Service Rd. Infront Of Daughters Of Charity Provincial House
- Quirino Avenue Cor. Diego Cera – Aldana
- Alabang – Zapote Rd. Infront Of Manuel – RFM
- Montinllano Cor. Alabang Via Duct
- National Road in front Of City Hall
Second East Metro Manila Flood Control Operation District
- Edsa Cor. Connecticut
- Ortigas Ave. Fronting De La Salle
- Edsa – Shaw Blvd. Underpass
- Shaw Blvd. Cor. Acacia Lane
- Shaw Blvd. – J. Luna To Jru
- Gen Kalentong – Shaw Blvd. To Maytunas Creek
- Boni Avenue Cor. F. Ortigas St.
- Boni Avenue – Sto. Rosario To San Joaquin
- F. Martinez Cor. Dela Paz St.
- C-5 Road Near Bayani Road
- C-5 Road Near Palar
- C-5 Road Near Libingan Ng Mga Bayani
- C-5 Road Near East Service Road
- East Service Road Near Tesda
- East Service Road Near Fti
- Pio Felipe
- M.L. Quezon Ave. Cor. Roldan St.
- East Service Road Near Sales Interchange
San Juan City
- F. Blumentritt Cor. Valenzuela St.
- M. Almeda St. Cor. Bagong Calzada
These areas experience flooding during a heavy downpour. If your house is within these areas, it is advisable to stay home to avoid hassle and danger. Prepare your home for the rainy season and experience instant benefits. If ever you need to report to work or go out, do not forget to bring an umbrella, boots, and raincoat and try to avoid these areas when traveling.
In terms of location, it is better to have a house that is not affected by the flood. Be wise and invest in a property that is far from these flood-prone areas.
cover photo source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dfataustralianaid/10695830893/