Real Estate Brokers’ Licensure Exam Review Centers in the Philippines
fThe flourishing real estate industry in the country has been enticing a lot of people to delve into the possibility of pursuing a career in this business. Much more, the passage of R.A. 9646 or also known as the RESA Law in 2009 provided for more stringent requirements in regulating and practicing the real estate profession in order to protect buyers and sellers of real estate property.
Ever since the practice of being a real estate agent has been regulated by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) through a licensure exam, a lot interested applicants have been trying to check on how to choose the best review centers in the country where they can enroll to. In addition, there has been news that the real estate brokers exam for this year will be the last which will not require a degree in real estate. Although there is no formal announcement yet from the authorities, the May 24, 2015 exam might be the last for those who do not hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate Service since there will be graduates of the said course by next year, 2016. The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) issued in 2011 a Memorandum Order providing for the policies and guidelines for the Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management (B.S. REM) course. Some of the universities and colleges in Manila are already offering the degree such as Philippine Christian University, College of Saint Benilde, Trinity University of Asia and Manila Business College.
Having a degree in B.S. Real Estate Management will become a requirement before taking the licensure exam for brokers since it is provided in Section 14 (b) of the RESA Law
“SEC. 14. Qualification of Applicants for Examinations. -In order to be admitted to the licensure examination for real estate service, a candidate shall, at the time of filing his/her application, establish to the satisfaction of the Board that he/she possesses the following qualifications:
(b) A holder of a relevant bachelor’s degree from a state university or college, or other educational institution duly recognized by the CHED: Provided, That as soon as a course leading to a Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Service is implemented by the CHED, the Board shall make this course a requirement for taking the “licensure examination; xxx”
R.A. 9646 Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR)
SEC. 14. Qualification of Applicants for Examinations. In order to be admitted to the licensure examination for real estate service, a candidate at the time of filing his/her application, shall establish to the satisfaction of the Board that he/she possesses the following qualifications:
(b) A holder of a relevant bachelor’s degree from a state university or college, or other educational institution duly recognized by the CHED: Provided, That he/she has completed at least one hundred twenty (120) credit units of real estate subjects and training from accredited service providers, as may be determined by the Board; Provided, further, that as soon as a course leading to a Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Service is implemented by the CHED, the Board shall make this course a requirement for taking the licensure examination, xxx”
Aside from the real estate broker’s exam, the PRC will also require separate licensure exams for real estate appraisers and real estate consultants. For those who wish to specialize on appraisal of property and real estate consultancy, they may take these separate exams after passing the broker’s exam and practicing the profession for a certain number of years. For example being a real estate consultant would require 10 years of practice aside from passing the PRC exam. This requires a more rigorous requirement since being a consultant means offering professional judgement on matters involving the conception, planning and development of realty projects for sale to the public.
Some interested applicants would normally ask if they can just study on their own while reviewing for the exam. Unfortunately, this is not possible since an indispensable requirement for those who will be taking the exam is to complete at least one hundred twenty (120) units of real estate subjects through verified and accredited training centers.
There are a number of accredited real estate broker examination training centers in the Philippines but to get the most out of you time and money, you may want to consider the proximity of their location to your home. Aside from this, you may check their respective track records in producing a high percentage of passers over the years or the quality of their reviewers and manuals. Their trainers and speakers are also available on their respective websites.
Here is a list of accredited real estate exam training centers where you can enroll for a Comprehensive Real Estate Seminar And Review (CRESAR):
URBAN Institute of Real Estate and Construction (Urban) headed by Engr. Enrico Cruz
- Contact Numbers: Landline: 02-509-4094 Globe: (+63) 915-457-3596
- Smart: (+63) 939-137-9242
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Venue: Asian Institute of Management (AIM) Conference Center
Legaspi Village, Makati City
- Website: http://www.urban-institute.com/
Manila Board of Realtors
- Contact Numbers: (02) 244-7547/ 0906-676-3565 (Milleth)/ 0917-972-1108 (Pauline)
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
- Venue: Manila Manor Hotel located at Jorge Bocobo St., Malate Manila.
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MANILA-BOARD-OF-REALTORS-INC-PAREB/177832239838
Cesar E. Santos (CES) Real Estate Academy
- Contact Numbers: +63 2 9417929 / +63917 4996544
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venue: Unit 2114 Cityland 10 Tower 1 H.V. dela Costa Salcedo Village, Makati City (Venue may change depending on the number of enrollees, it would be better to contact them first)
- Website: http://www.cesson.com.ph/
Real Estate Brokers Association of the Philippines – Las Pinas, Muntinlupa, Paranaque (LMP) Chapter
- Contact Person: Ms. Aurora “Au” Suerte
Contact Numbers: Globe: 0917-800-6319
Wireless Landline: 829-3258; 664-2611
- Venue: The Real Estate Brokers Association of the Philippines – Las Pinas, Muntinlupa, Paranaque Chapter (REBAP-LMP) conducts a Comprehensive Real Estate Seminar and Training (CREST) from time to time at the Tia Maria Building (near Starmall) CV Starr Ave. Philamlife Village, Las Pinas City.
- Website: http://www.rebaplmp.com/
Prime Real Estate Values and Integrated Learnings (PREVAIL), Inc.
- Contact Numbers: 02-3537892 or 09084146328
Email Address: email@example.com
- Venue: Best Western Hotel la Corona Manila located at 1166 M.H. Del Pilar St., cor. Arquiza St., Ermita, Manila
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/realestate.PREVAIL
Philippine Association of Real Estate Boards Inc. (PAREB) Davao
- Contact Person: Mr. Jovencio Bebot Salano Cainong
Contact Numbers: (082) 300-6787; 0917-935-3253
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venue: Davao Doctors College 6th Floor HMPC Building beside St. Jude Church Malvar Street, Davao City
- Website: http://pareb.org.ph/
NETSCORE Resource Management and Training Center
- Contact Numbers: 0917.8820 657
Email Address: email@example.com
- Venue: Various hotel in Makati
- Website: http://netscore100.webs.com/
GCR Education Center and CDO REALTY by Gigi Roa Realty (located in Cagayan De Oro)
- Contact Numbers: 0915-8483805
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venue: Various parts of Cagayan de Oro City
- Website: cdorealty.info
Now that you have a list of real estate broker examination training centers, check on other factors to know which institution would suit your needs such as competency of the lecturers or whether the classroom is conducive to learning. Have a checklist of the requirements and prepare right away in order to prepare for the exam on May 24, 2014. Aside from exceptionally good training, experience and extensive reading materials, you must have dedication and focus in order to pass and excel the real estate broker exam. Good luck!
BONUS: Download your Free Real Estate Broker Licensure Exam Reviewer here!
UPDATE: List of Passers: REBLEX PH 2015 Results
If you are a real estate practitioner and you want to expand your market reach, get more clients and have more inquiries, be our partner broker now by signing up for our program!