DIY Article: How to Make a Table Out of Rolled Magazines
Need more space inside your home? That stack of old magazines has been kept inside your abode for ages but you cannot seem to let it go. You know that you will need it someday but you don’t have any idea yet how.
Good thing, Hoppler came across awesome DIY ideas to share with you and it primarily deals with magazines!
You will be amazed how sturdy paper can be when in bundles or rolls. You can make a table out of those magazines. Yes, a table!
What You Need
- Glass table top
- Old magazines
- Super Glue
- Garter Rope
- Table base made of wood or metal
- Gather old magazines of the same length. The number would depend on the size of the glass top.
- Roll each magazine and secure it with super glue at the middle end of each piece.
- Add a rubber band to tie and secure each rolled magazine in the middle.
- Once finished with all the magazines, put them together on top of the table base and secure it with the right size of garter in order to hold it.
- When done putting together the magazines, you may put the glass table top on it.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3! Congratulations! You now have a new furniture made of old magazines.
In making Do-It-Yourself projects like these, you do not only explore the artistic side of you, you can help the improve the environment by reducing your trash. And, you don’t need to spend more money on home decorations or equipment while adding that personal touch to your dwelling.
Comment or share with us your experience if you have done this project or other ideas below. Happy crafting!
Photo credit to www.flickr.com/photos/wackelijmrooster/5241751484 for the cover photo image.